This is an extensive set of icon themes based on GNOME and Tango, with some inspiration from Human, Tango Generator, Elementary, and other open source projects. The project's goal is to integrate closely with gnome-icon-theme, while greatly expanding its available icons and allowing users to choose from 7 completely different and unique color schemes.
The icons and their color schemes are designed to complement my Shiki-Colors GTK Themes and their additional artwork.
There are 7 color variations: Brave (Blue), Wise (Green), Human (Orange), Noble (Purple), Wine (Red), Dust (Chocolate) and Illustrious (Pink).
GNOME-Colors consistently themes 99% of default icons + 1000's more in almost every popular linux distribution. Every single icon included in the set is drawn perfectly at each and all sizes, so you will never have to see a blurry icon ever again!
Important, must read or clowns will eat you:
* To install, extract the downloaded .zip file, and drag and drop the included .tar.gz file into GNOME's Appearance Preferences, or extract it and copy the gnome-* folders to /usr/share/icons as administrator (i.e. sudo nautilus /usr/share/icons in Ubuntu). The gnome-colors-common folder is a required dependency. You MUST install it in order for all the icon sets to work correctly.
* You may alternately use the Makefiles included in the .tar.gz file; for system-wide installation, just type make install as administrator or make user-install for per-user installation. For more options, type make help.
* If you installed the icons through the appearance preferences, for the icons to theme root/admin applications in Ubuntu, you must type in a terminal:
sudo ln -s ~/.icons /root
* In Ubuntu, you can use the official PPA repository for easy installation and upgrades. For Ubuntu Karmic Koala, you can simply run apt-get install gnome-colors to install from Ubuntu's official repositories.
* Visit the GNOME-Colors project page for bug reports, feature requests, SVN and more downloads:[link]
* Consider donating a small amount to the GNOME-Colors project if you wish to support it, or to show your appreciation. You can do so by clicking on the "donate" button in the project page, or by sending a paypal donation to firstname.lastname@example.org
GNOME-Colors depends on the package "gnome-icon-theme". If you don't use GNOME, make sure you have it!
* New, redesigned folders!
* Add folder-xdg icons for Karmic/GNOME 2.28.
* Add some new icons/update others for better Karmic support.
* Minor bugfixes.
It's always best to remove a previous version before upgrading!
GNOME/GNOME-Colors icons are GPL-2.
Please read "AUTHORS" and "COPYING" files for more detailed information.